Well…where to begin? I’m originally from a tiny town in Northern Idaho. I couldn’t get out of there fast enough after finishing high school. I knew I needed something with more opportunities so logically I headed straight for Los Angeles (talk about a culture shock for the first year). I spent the last 10 years in Southern California, where I finished my undergraduate degree, met my husband, and we had our two babies (Harper, 3 and Sutton, 1). Our family of four recently relocated to New England, which is where my husband is originally from. I’m finishing up my law degree in Boston. Who knows where we will end up after I’m finished with school.
During the course of the 3.5 years that I’ve been a mom I have experienced many variations in my role as a mom: I’ve been a full-time working mom, full-time stay-at-home mom, part-time student while part-time working mom (while being pregnant with baby #2), full-time night student while taking care of my kids all day. I can’t say which combo is the hardest or easiest. They ALL come with their pros and cons.
My goal with this blog is to document our life and to share my experiences juggling parenting, school, work, and life and hope to help inspire others along the way.
A few fun facts about me
- I have a bachelors degree in nutrition and food science
- I love clean-eating and finding clean recipes that actually taste like the real deal…oh and I also love white cheddar cheetos…all about that balance
- I grew up in a town with a population of 3,000 people. Our town didn’t even have a stoplight.
- I studied abroad in Australia (where I met one of my best friends…coincidentally she is also from Idaho)
- I’ve been sky diving, bungee jumping, scuba diving (all while studying abroad)
- I met my husband at a gym in Los Angeles
- I’m an extroverted introvert (it’s a real thing…google it)
- I really really reallllyyy like learning new things…I mean, clearly, I’ve been in school for 12 years (give or a take a few semesters)
- I LOVE coffee and wine. Typical mom thing.
- Sarcasm is my love language.